It’s getting close to your big day, and you’ll be married to the man you love. Here are 22 marriage benefits you’ll experience after saying your vows!
22 Marriage Perks
- Emotional support: Marriage often provides a strong emotional support system, as spouses can lean on each other during challenging times and share their joys and sorrows.
- Companionship: Marriage offers a lifelong companion with whom you can build a deep and meaningful connection, creating a sense of belonging and togetherness.
- Financial stability: Couples often pool their resources, which can lead to better financial stability and the ability to work toward common financial goals.
- Health benefits: Studies suggest that married individuals tend to have better physical and mental health, potentially due to the emotional support and healthier lifestyle choices often associated with marriage.
- Social support: Marriage can provide a wider social network through extended families and friends, which can be valuable during times of need.
- Shared responsibilities: In a marriage, partners typically share responsibilities like household chores, childcare, and financial planning, which can lead to a more balanced and efficient life.
- Intimacy and partnership: Marriage encourages a deep level of intimacy and partnership, allowing couples to explore their emotional and physical connections on a profound level.
- Legal recognition and protection: Marriage provides legal recognition and protection for the relationship, ensuring that both partners have certain rights and responsibilities under the law.
- Longevity: Some research suggests that married individuals may have a longer life expectancy compared to their unmarried counterparts, although the reasons for this are multifaceted and not solely attributed to marriage.
- Improved mental and emotional health. Studies have shown that married people are happier, healthier, and live longer than unmarried people. They also have lower rates of depression, anxiety, and stress.
- Greater financial security. Married couples are more likely to be homeowners and have a higher net worth than unmarried couples. They are also less likely to experience poverty.
- Stronger social support. Marriage provides a built-in social support system that can help couples cope with stress, provide companionship, and offer emotional support.
- Better parenting. Married parents are more likely to provide a stable and nurturing home for their children. They are also more likely to be involved in their children’s lives and provide them with the support they need to succeed.
- Improved physical health. Married people are more likely to have healthy habits, such as eating a healthy diet and exercising regularly. They are also more likely to get regular checkups and preventive care.
- Greater sense of purpose. Marriage can give people a sense of purpose and meaning in life. It can also provide a sense of belonging and connection.
- Improved communication skills. Married couples learn to communicate effectively with each other, which can help them resolve conflict and build a stronger relationship.
- Increased creativity. Studies have shown that married people are more creative than unmarried people. This may be due to the fact that marriage provides a supportive and stimulating environment for creativity to flourish.
- Greater resilience. Married couples are more likely to be able to bounce back from adversity. They also have a stronger support system to help them cope with difficult times.
- Increased happiness. Marriage is one of the most important factors in a person’s overall happiness. Studies have shown that married people are happier than unmarried people, and that their happiness level increases over time.
22 Other Marriage Benefits You Didn’t Think Of..Until Now
- You’ll have a live-in spider killer.
- Someone will always be around to reach the top shelves in the kitchen for those yummy menus.
- You’ll live longer; studies have shown married couples live longer.
- You’ll always get a Valentine’s Day present… and an anniversary present!
- Your husband is like a built-in toe warmer waiting on the other side of the bed.
- You will always have someone to share your deepest secrets with.
- You’ll have a dishes-doing partner… and a dance partner.
- There’s always someone to wake up if you have a creepy dream.
- You’ll have someone to support you in all things.
- Having someone there to bring you soup when you’re sick.
- Starting a family with the man you adore.
- Having a husband is like having a handyman on-call 24-hours a day.
- Gaining a whole extra family that you’ll love and who will love you.
- Knowing that someone always has your back.
- You’ll have a Sunday morning newspaper-reading partner.
- He’ll be your partner in crime.
- It’s nice having someone who knows you as well as you know yourself.
- Two heads are better than one, especially when you’re coming up with excuses for staying home from work, getting out of a prior obligation, etc.
- You always have a date on Friday and Saturday night.
- Someone is always there to share laughs with.
- Looking forward to your husband walking in at the end of the day.
- You’ll have someone to try new recipes on… and someone to tell you how your butt looks in those jeans!
- (Bonus). You get to grow old together and still do fun stuff!
There is a special kind of love between a husband and wife who have gotten comfortable with each other that is priceless. Good luck to you and may you thoroughly enjoy that priceless love with your husband.
I hope you enjoyed this! Which one is your favorite? 🙂