Real Invitations: Marta + Joshua

Share → Real Invitations: Marta + Joshua7 Real Invitations: Marta + Joshua7 Real Invitations: Marta + Joshua0 Real Invitations: Marta + Joshua4,485

Real Invitations: Marta + Joshua

How lovely are these invitations, designed by my coworker Marta Harding? Marta was married late last year, and I stumbled across her invitations thanks to Allan Peters when he featured some of her work on his blog. I somehow never tire of the ribbon shape, and the shade of blue is perfect in my book! Marta’s a very talented designer, so it’s not a huge surprise that the typography and detailing are impeccable, as well. Lovely!

Images from Marta Harding.

Comments

1. Angela says

These are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

2. lizzie says

she did a BEAUTIFUL job! i love the suite!

3. handmade albums says

Many thanks for the exciting blog posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you are a brilliant writer. I actually added your blog to my favorites and will look forward for more updates. Great Job, Keep it up

4. jenn sprinkle says

I would love to know what the script font is for the names!!! LOVE!

• Maddy says

Hey Jenn, it’s called Buttermilk

5. Amanda Forbes says

These are beautiful! Could you tell me where you ordered the envelops and paper from? Absolutely stunning use of color. Do you know the pantone?

6. Beata B. says

Wow are these stunning! Any chance the maker is interested in selling the art files for others to use for their wedding (or would be willing to make them)? :)

7. Marta Harding says

@ Beata B.
    I’d be happy to create customized files with the above design for you. Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you are still interested!

@ Amanda Forbes
    I was hoping to get the invitations letterpressed, and therefore going to use PMS colors, but due to my meager budget, I went with an incredibly affordable digital route and printed in CMYK with a matte finish: http://www.4by6.com/

Although letterpress would have been ideal, it’s nice to know that anyone on a tight budget can still create a nice invitation. For the labels, I hand-cut and applied them all. Good thing our wedding was relatively small!

Thanks again, Maddy, for the sweet post and thanks to everyone for all of the lovely comments.

8. evolvephoto says

These are really beautiful and simple but so effective. Am looking for inspiration for my own wedding and this is certainly giving me some ideas.