Bringing your love for Valentine’s Day on your wedding day is for the extremely romantic. To make you big day swoon-worthy, I found some great Valentine’s Day-inspired wedding DIYs ideas that you can make make. Roll up your dainty sleeves and let’s begin to work.
1. Cupcake Table
With more and more brides doing away with the traditional wedding cake, cupcake tables are beginning to rise in popularity. It is not hard to see why. These little darling can be decorated to suit any theme and they deliver just the right amount of sugar rush to get the part going. To stick with our Valentine’s Day-inspired theme, be sure to add plenty of red and white confetti hearts.
You will need: red or white table cloth, red and white paper, heart-shaped puncher, roses, mason jars/vases, red and white satin ribbons, cupcakes and other desserts decorated in red and white sprinkles, candy hearts.
- Cover your designated cupcake table with white or red cloth. A red and white gingham print table cloth will work, too.
- Arrange your red and white roses on your mason jars or crystal vases. Put them all over your cupcake table. These will serve as the accent pieces of our table.
- Arrange your cupcakes, candy hearts and other desserts on their designated trays.
- Punch through the red and white paper to make red and white confetti hearts. Scatter the red and white confetti hearts all over the table to add more drama.
2. Rose Ring Bearer Pillow
With the big beautiful roses as its major accent piece, this ring bearer pillow from Mama’s Felt Café will surely be the talk of the town after your wedding. The ring hidden inside the felt roses is a unique touch that will look especially beautiful in photographs. After the wedding, you can have this keepsake as a remembrance of how special your wedding was. Be sure to take good care of it so it remains nice-looking for a long time.
You will need: white felt squares, red felt roses, red satin ribbon, cotton stuffing, needle, thread.
- Cut two squares of white felt fabric.
- Sew them together on three sides.
- Put cotton stuffing inside the pillow and sew it shut.
- Sew the felt roses together to form a bunch. Attach your red satin ribbon on the center of the red roses bunch by sewing.
- Sew the roses/ribbon bunch on your pillow. Make sure that you have it centered.
- On your wedding day, secure the rings to the pillow by creating a ribbon bow.
Let us know if you enjoyed making these Valentine’s Day DIYs for your wedding day. If you have other suggestions on how to bring the Valentine’s Day flavor to your wedding day, hit us on the comment section below. We would love to hear from you!