Happy Friday everyone! Before we head off to our weekend festivities, I just want to share with you the results of the recent survey done by The Knot and WeddingChannel! About 20,000 couples in the US who were married in 2011 were surveyed to reveal the latest wedding budget and trend insights in the $74 billion wedding industry.
Here are the key findings from the survey.
- Since 2008, the average wedding budget has grown year over year, to $27,021.
- More couples are leaning towards a more casual wedding. While the “semi-formal” style category still reigns, fewer brides are opting for a “black tie” event.
- Here’s news to fall brides, fall weddings are more popular! While summer will always be “summer season”, 2011 saw a drop with only 37% having a wedding in the summer months. (Compared to 41% in 2010 and 2009). Fall weddings became more popular with 36% marrying in the fall months. (Compared to 30% in 2010 and 2009)
- Bride’s Age: 29; Groom’s Age: 30
- Average Amount Spent Per Guest: $196
- Wedding Vendors Spend Increase: Wedding dress (up 2%), wedding planner (up 4%), music (up 3%), ceremony location (up 14%)
Seeing this result, are you surprised or do you agree?
Below is an infographic of the results.