Thank you for your interest in submitting your work for consideration and for thinking of the Inspired Bride™ as a great blog on which to showcase your work. I love publishing Real Weddings, Engagement Sessions, and related shoots when I find something that is fresh and pays great attention to detail. To help you get a better idea of what I consider to be a good fit for the Inspired Bride™, I’ve outlined the blog’s submission policy, what I’m looking for (in detail), and how to submit. If you have any additional questions, please feel free to e-mail me – I look forward to hearing from you!
In a nutshell:
- Description of your wedding/engagement shoots (What you like, what makes it unique, etc)
- 10-15 images at least 500px wide
- Send me the email
To submit a wedding or shoot for consideration, send me an email with 10 to 15 sample images, preferably compressed into a zip file, that are at least 500px wide and do not have a watermark. These images should best represent the wedding as a whole, and at least half of them should be detail shots. I also welcome submissions through Two Bright Lights, a new platform for sharing your work with bloggers and event collaborators alike. If I think your event would be a good fit for the Inspired Bride™ I will let you know within three days.
- The Inspired Bride™ is always looking for fresh, original content. In keeping with this, I do not publish weddings that have been posted on other blogs. Because I ask for this exclusivity, please do not send your submission to any other blog unless I have not responded to you within 72 hours. If it is determined that it is not a good fit, the wedding or shoot is also welcome to be submitted to other bloggers.
- If a particular event you submit is not a good fit for the blog, please feel free to submit in the future. I review each event individually and look at the overall aesthetic and details within the samples you provide. Whether or not you are published is not a commentary on your work but rather the event’s relevance to my readers.
- In order to avoid confusion and possibly have a wedding or shoot submitted to multiple bloggers, please only submit to the Inspired Bride™ if you are the photographer. Brides or other vendors, please let your photographer know that you would prefer to submit this wedding to the Inspired Bride™ rather than sending us the event on your own.
- It is important to me that all vendors are appropriately credited for their work and that the couple is comfortable with their photos being published. Please contact the bride and groom for permission to have their images on a blog, if is not already written into your contract, and be prepared to provide a list of all the applicable vendors if I approve the submission.
- Submission images should not be watermarked and should be at least 500px wide.
- Well photographed events and shoots, preferably with a graphic, editorial style.
- Weddings and shoots with lots of details, chic style, personality, and unexpected use of color. Handmade or otherwise quirky elements are a plus, and the more original the overall concept, the better.
- Great use of budget, regardless of the event’s price point. If the budget was slim but it was stretched in an innovative way, wonderful! Most can’t afford a big budget wedding, so seeing smaller events with a lot of style on a little dough are great fits for the Inspired Bride™.
- Stories within the event or shoot itself. For example, if there’s a reason the bride crafted a certain detail, and she’s comfortable in sharing why, I’d love to let our readers know!
- Off beat weddings are great! The Inspired Bride™ is all about new, fresh ideas, so the further away from cookie cutter while still being tasteful, the better!