Wedding Dresses Archive
The term “commissioning a wedding dress” just sounds expensive, but in truth, it doesn’t have to be. There are plenty of highly-talented individuals who are willing to create custom wedding dresses for clients for about the same cost of a rack dress or even cheaper. Plus, there are a lot of benefits to commissioning a wedding dress, including the following:
The Perfect Fit
There is no need for alterations when you have a wedding dress commissioned. This is because it’s created specifically for you and your body. It will fit like a glove in a way that an off the rack dress never would.
Your Own Specifications
Have you chosen several dresses that all have some element you’re looking for? For many brides, this is the case and the trouble is that no one dress has all of those elements. By commissioning a custom-created wedding dress, you can be sure it has all of the wonderful elements you’re looking for in a wedding dress.
If you’re looking for something no other bride is going to have, this can be very difficult to find at wedding boutiques and bridal stores. However, you can definitely commission a unique wedding dress and be confident that no other bride will wear that same design.
Support Local Artists
Finally, you can support local artists and entrepreneurs by commissioning a wedding dress rather than buying from a boutique that is part of a large chain of stores. This can make you feel great about what you’re going to wear as well as about your purchase.
These are just a few of the benefits of commissioning a wedding dress. Plus, it doesn’t have to be super expensive. Take the time to interview several artists and look at past projects they’ve completed. Also, create a milestone payment system so you don’t lose any money should your artist decide not to finish or to quit the job.
If you’re looking for some inspiration for your wedding dress, look no further. Here are some ideas on wedding dress styles, inspired by celebrities who sported them on the red carpet.
Go for a chic number like Rachel Weisz at the film screening of ‘Oz the Great and Powerful’. She wore a champagne Michael Kors lace strapless gown, gathered in at the side of the waist and falling elegantly to the ankles. She was also sporting a belt of the same color to give more definition. Wear this on your wedding day and be the queen of chic.
If you’re going for a vintage look, here are a couple of brilliant examples for you, both of which are ideal if you’re looking for a shorter dress.
Alexa Chung wore a sixties style Chanel white tunic dress to the fashion house’s Tribeca Film Festival dinner in New York. Falling above the knee and decorated with pearl buttons, this would be a cute, simple design for a wedding dress. Match it with some striking red lips to add some color and you’ve got a killer outfit.
Another example of a beautiful vintage style dress is one worn by Mila Kunis to the recent premiere of ‘Oz the Great and Powerful’. She wore a nude, lace flare dress made by Dolce and Gabbana, which she complimented beautifully with some colorful African ruby earrings. If you’re marrying the man of your dreams after meeting on eHarmony.com and you want to wow him with a fantastic dress, this is a style that will blow him away.
Amanda Seyfried recently wore an exquisite Alexander McQueen number to the 2013 Oscars in Los Angeles. A lilac organza embroidered gown, complete with a halter and keyhole neckline and a train, this style makes any woman the picture of elegance.
How to carry it off
Something that the celebs really work on is actually learning how to carry themselves when on the red carpet. It’s not just their outfits which make them seem elegant; they also hold a good posture and pose in flattering positions for the camera.
Here’s how: keep your shoulders back and pull your abdomen in – this makes you look longer, leaner, and actually more confident. Try to pull your shoulders down your back and show off your bust.
If you’re still looking for that special person to find the perfect dress for, trying online dating is a good idea. There are many people of various ages, backgrounds and cultures who meet through online dating, end up in a serious relationship and go on to get married.
Some websites match you on compatibility, which gives you a better chance of finding a companion who you’ll really click with. So whether you’re looking for Hispanic singles or professional singles, give it a try and let it do the searching for you – click here for more information.
Most little girls dream of the perfect wedding, and obviously the perfect wedding needs a perfect dress. However, what often is not discussed is the amount of time, money and maybe even tears that come along with hunting for the garment that fits your preference and body type. This is why it is important to plan far ahead to ensure that you have the dress that dreams are made of. What are some things you should remember about wedding dress shopping?
1) It is best to start early. While you may think that you can plan a wedding in just a month or two, if you want to find the perfect dress, you want to start looking six months or even longer out from the wedding date. First of all, it may take some time to find just that right dress, and secondly, it may have to be ordered and/or altered, which takes time. Most dresses take at least four months to make and it can take another month or two to get it altered to fit your body perfectly. Starting early can take some of the stress out of the process. Borrowed and Blue Event’s blog created a planning checklist that takes into account how long your engagement is and gives a timeframe of when certain things should be accomplished before your wedding date.
Want a tip on how to save money? Start the hunt way in advance so you can take your time and, more importantly, strike when the iron is hot. Whether it is with trunk shows or simply a really great sale, it doesn’t hurt to try on dresses so you have a comprehensive idea of what kind of gown you want, and then to bide your time. Popular wedding dress retailers like David’s Bridal routinely have sales and, if you’re willing to wear a dress that has been before, regularly hop onto sites like Once Wed to find a consistently changing collection of like-new garments to browse.
2) Consider your location. You are going to dress much differently if you are having a beach wedding than you would if you were having a candlelit church wedding. By choosing your location, you will be able to narrow down your choices somewhat. The formalness of your location and your wedding sets a tone for your dress choice as well.
3) Budget. While it would be nice if everyone could choose a wedding dress without thinking about the cost, it is not realistic. By setting a budget before you walk into the bridal store, you can keep from looking at dresses that are not in your price range. This can go a long way to ensuring that you can find some sort of balance between money and style. To budget enough for your wedding dress, you must also look at how much you will be spending on everything else. Realsimple.com has created a wedding budget work sheet, making it easier to manage where your money is being spent.
4) Research, research, research. Doing some investigating prior to having your feet hit the pavement will help you save time by not wasting it on dresses you know you won’t like or stores that don’t carry your size. You should look in magazines and on the Internet before you even step into a bridal boutique. This helps you to determine some direction in your search and it can allow you to see if any designers consistently catch your eye. While you may not go with a dress that you find in your research, it makes you more of an informed buyer when you do your research.
5) Bring your “must haves”. If you must wear a particular veil or piece of jewelry, you want to bring it along with you. While most bridal boutiques will supply a strapless bra, bustier, or shoes, but the “trying on” experience still won’t be quite as accurate as if you are wearing the gown with your undergarments or jewelry.
6) Keep your entourage to a minimum. While it may sound like a good idea to bring your entire wedding party with you, you want to limit it to just a few people. The more opinions that you have, the more difficult it will be for you to make a decision. Bring the most important people to you and leave the rest at home.
Choosing a wedding dress is a very important decision. It sets the mood for you and it can set the tone for the entire wedding. So don’t make any rushed decisions, have an open mind and, above all else, don’t forget to make an appointment!